Skip to content
Energy Science and History
Electrical Safety World Video
State Educational Standards
Cleco Hot Spot
Home Electrical Safety Inspection
School Energy Inspection
66261 Teachers Energy Inspection
Home Energy Inspection
Is your household doing as much as it can to save energy?
Print this checklist
and do this inspection to find out.
1.Do you turn off lights, computers, and gaming systems when you are not using them?
2. Do you have LED (light-emitting diode) bulbs in your home?
3. Do you wash most of your laundry in cold water?
4. Do you have energy- and water-saving showerheads?
5. Do you take short showers and/or half-full baths?
6. Do you run full loads in your dishwasher, clothes washer, and dryer?
7. Do you use the “Air Dry” or “No-Heat Dry” setting on your dishwasher?
8. Do you close draperies or blinds to help keep the heat out during the summer and to help keep the heat in during the winter?
9. Do your doors and windows have weatherstripping and caulking to block drafts?
10. Has your family unplugged appliances you rarely use, such as a second refrigerator or freezer?
11. Is regular maintenance done on your heating and cooling system—cleaning or replacing filters monthly and a yearly tune-up?
Go to Top